Course Description: This course can help fulfill the requirement for an individual applying for a Site Safety Training Card. THIS IS AN AWARENESS-LEVEL TRAINING ONLY and does not provide any other qualification or authorization outside of the Site Safety Training Card.
2-Hour General Electives
- 1-Hour Electrocution Prevention
- 1-Hour First Aid and CPR
2-Hour Specialized Electives
- 1-Hour Asbestos/Lead Awareness
- 1-Hour Confined Space Entry
Topics include but not limited to:
- Shock and Cardio arrhythmias
- Arc flash and arc blast
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Requirements to have First Aid and the ability to administer such procedures.
- regulatory requirements for lead
- Lead Testing, Abatement, and Handling
- working with and handing lead
- Control of Hazardous Energy: Lock-out Tag-out
- Permit Require Confined Space Rescue (hierarchy)
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for the course. Students must speak the language in which the course is given.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- become generally familiar with terms and the phenomenon of electricity and how it causes harm.
- recognize electrical hazards and error traps associated with the potential for electricity to do harm.
- become aware of administrative regulatory safety requirements associated with electricity
- become generally familiar with terms, equipment and procedures associated with first aid and CPR.
- recognize when they or other workers are experiencing a medical emergency
- become generally familiar with the health effects of asbestos and lead in the workplace
- recognize places and locations where asbestos and lead containing materials may be found in the construction industry. avoid health hazards associated with asbestos and lead.
- become generally familiar with confined spaces and permit required confined spaces and recognize such spaces
- become aware of administrative regulatory safety requirements associated with confined spaces.
CEU’s: Not applicable
Course Duration: 4 Hours of training (not including class breaks)
Course and attendance Policy: Complete class syllabus will be distributed during class. Course and attendance Policy: Students must earn a 70% or more in their final exam in order to successfully complete the course. Students are required to complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities.